[Noisebridge-discuss] ML Workshop: Introduction to R, Random Forests 5/25/2011 @ 7:30pm

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Mon May 23 18:09:34 UTC 2011

Hello there!

This Wednesday Erin L and I will be giving a machine learning workshop
in the Church classroom on R and random forests. R is widely used by
statisticians and machine learning analysts, and random forests are often
used by competitors in data mining competitions.

First we'll give an introduction to the basics of R. It won't be comprehensive,
but enough to get on your feet. Then we'll go over decision trees, random
forests, bagging and bootstrapping, and install the necessary packages. After
that we'll train random forests to recognize images of handwritten digits and
compute the average performance.

See you there,

   mike