[Noisebridge-discuss] Emergency Hack Politics Session (TOMORROW [Tuesday] 8:00 PM PDT)

Ilya Zhitomirskiy zhitomirskiyi at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:21:04 UTC 2011

Hey Noisebridge (and friends),

Earlier today I decided that an Emergency Hack Politics is in order. It will
be happening @noisebridge (TUESDAY, 8pm - late) to do what I can to make the
PATRIOT Act expire [cloture passed on Friday giving us only until Wed. ]:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=1&vote=00075#position

I expect those of you who are around and care about doing good in the world
to be there (if not, host an event and Skype in); I'd love to get your
input/advice. So far, I started a FB Page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Halting-the-Bush-era-Patriot-Act/111990612222810<https://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/home.php?sk=group_187725864612262>

I wrote a description and still need to write action items for people to do.
I also still need to write template tweets. I want to have a list list of
senators' handles so that it would be super easy to praise / shame those
people who we employ to represent us. (The word on the street is that Rand
Paul & Al Franken are two possible allies, unfortunately with the cloture
pressuring them to put a hold on the bill is not an option )

See you tomorrow,

Ilya

P.S. Don't hesitate to ping me and I'll give you admin on the page.