[Noisebridge-discuss] Submitting billboard designs to promote hackerspaces

Alex Peake empowerthyself at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:39:31 UTC 2011

EPIC STEP is like Kickstarter for billboards and they have mostly been launching Wikileaks and Bradley Manning billboards so far.

http://epicstep.com

My friend Matt Spergel did this for public libraries and educational technology:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=103892146365&set=a.422602466365.201560.507406365&type=1

He got a picture of it up on Times Square:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150180512226366&set=a.10150180511351366.302842.507406365&type=1&ref=nf

He found out that nonprofits get ridiculously cheap billboard rates.

We should get hackerspace billboards up in the Bay letting people know about Noisebridge and Hackerdojo and Ace!

I bet there's lots of clever noisebridgers who could come up with designs for billboards for hackerspaces or other cool ideas.

Let's hack the planet one billboard at a time.

If you have an idea I'd love to see it ccd and you could post a link to it here for feedback.

There should be a major banner near every hackerspace in the world.

Alex Peake
Corsetier http://www.tacticalcorsets.com
Primerist http://www.openprimer.org
empowerthyself at gmail.com
805-456-9977
"What is meant by evolution? It's the choice species have got:
extinction or adaptation. Survive's an option. Change is not."