[Noisebridge-discuss] Emergency Hack Politics Session (TODAY [Tuesday] 8:00 PM PDT)

Ilya Zhitomirskiy zhitomirskiyi at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:58:00 UTC 2011

Hey Noisebridge (and friends),

Earlier today I decided that an Emergency Hack Politics is in order. It will
be happening @noisebridge (TUESDAY, 8pm - late) to do what I can to make the
PATRIOT Act expire [cloture passed on Friday giving us only until Wed. ]:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=1&vote=00075#position

I expect those of you who are around and care about doing good in the world
to be there (if not, host an event and Skype in); I'd love to get your
input/advice. So far, I started a FB Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Halting-the-Bush-era-Patriot-Act/111990612222810

I wrote a description and still need to write action items for people to do.
I also still need to write template tweets. I want to have a list list of
senators' handles so that it would be super easy to praise / shame those
people who we employ to represent us. (The word on the street is that Rand
Paul & Al Franken are two possible allies, unfortunately with the cloture
pressuring them to put a hold on the bill is not an option)

See you tomorrow,

Ilya

P.S. Don't hesitate to ping me and I'll give you admin on the page.

P.P.S. Thank you Andy for teaching me your ninja list serve ways.