[Noisebridge-discuss] Isky's heading out. Need your help finding friends in LA, Japan, & Korea.

Isky Wordsworth dejaepu at gmail.com
Wed May 25 07:10:36 UTC 2011

I cried tears of happiness and longing the other day sitting in noisebridge
after the fifth person in 15 minutes came by and hugged me without asking
while i was cramming for finals. Noisebridge has kept my head afloat through
the very toughest of my first world problems/loss of things most important
to me, taught me ceaselessly, and inspired me to duplicate it elsewhere. I
swear I will. Of all the things I love in SF (ALL OF YOU READ MY LIST HERE:
http//www.tiny.cc/sftd) Noisebridge I will miss the very most.

So I'm headed for UCLA Linguistics/Psychobiology (undergrad) but i don't
have ANY friends in LA (that aren't super mathy/busy designing satellite
telescopes). I need friends in LA if I am to survive, please will you lend
me your mathiest, friendliest, cuddliest, most fun loving, outgoing, and
car-endowed friends, especially on the west side of LA near the University.
I dont even have a place to crash during my weeklong visit starting on the
27th (this friday!) to the 3rd. Please trade me theirs/give them my contact
info!

Subsequently I'll be galloping around Japan with a couple friends from June
3rd to July 23rd, and Korea until August 1st where I'll start at UCLA. Can
you provide me with your favorite, less than obvious, parts of Japan/Korea
to visit? More importantly, hook me up with any friends you may have there.
I'll be visiting the hacker spaces and couchsurfing most of the way, though
i have friends with empty houses in a couple parts of Japan.

Show them who i am/refresh your memory of what common interests I'm looking
for with my couchsurfing profile:
couchsurfing.org/dejaepu
or give them my email
I need friends in LA ASAP!
I'm making of a list of potential friends suggested to me by friends and
WILL make the effort to get in touch if you're afraid they're flaky, let me
know!

Thanks for everything Noisebridge, I'll be back as soon as possible. Gonna
mail CrashSpace and NullSpaceLabs now.