[Noisebridge-discuss] Room for rent in Upper Haight

Bruce Wolfe brucewolfe.sf at gmail.com
Wed May 25 08:12:12 UTC 2011

Don't know if this is the right listserv to post but I have a room open for
three months (possibly longer). This is a household of three total including
myself. Trying to stay off of Craigslist this time around.

I've lived here for 20 years under the old rent control. I won't tolerate
any challenges or liabilities that could cause losing this place.

I'm an easy going 30-year veteran of T'ai Chi, have a disability,
politically entrenched and work sometimes 10-12 hours a day so when I come
home, I'm pooped. Most times, I am in considerable pain, must rest and not
deal with any drama, Grand Central station of visitors, personal
relationships spilling over into the household, and major substance abuse or
mental illness interventions. I can also end up working the online graveyard
shift from home.

I'm a social worker and CIO for a major Bay Area nonprofit. I get enough
personalities I must manage daily as it is. I'm also a good judge of
character but no need to perform for me. Just be real. Let's be sure we are
a good fit.

I have a large elder service dog nearing EOL so a stable energy environment
as he transitions is very important. Know what is expected with elder
four-legged folk. There is no requirement for any responsibility towards him
unless you offer.

Would like to have a tech-minded, mechanically-inclined, responsible, clean
but not obsessively tidy, low-key, respectful, can deal with the general din
of a multi-roomate environment, non-major partyer (no exceptions),
non-alcoholic (no exceptions), NON-SMOKER (no exceptions), dog lover, likes
their home as a their sanctuary after a long work day, has a job, and, above
all, can pay rent and utilities ON TIME. After all, it is not that
expensive.

Upper Haight flat for subtenant, 2nd floor walkup. one ~11'x~13' room with
two windows facing into between buildings air space but gets good light all
day long & closet.

Community areas: Split bathroom, full kitchen w/ pantry, living room. No
storage (please don't beg me).  Laundromat/dry cleaning two and five blocks
away.

Ample street parking along designated bike route, excellent MUNI hub 1 block
to Haight Street. 1/2 block from GG Park and Panhandle.

Rent: $475 plus utilities, Internet, DishTV and household supplies
(~$75-$100 depending on how cold it gets).

Email me back here with the same subject line.

Thanx,
Bruce Wolfe