[Noisebridge-discuss] Like privacy? Develop for mobile? Take the Challenge!

Chris Conley cconley at aclunc.org
Fri May 27 18:52:42 UTC 2011

Hi all,

The Develop for Privacy Challenge<https://develop4privacy.org/>, co-organized by the Tor Project, the ACLUs of Northern California and Washington, and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, CA, is looking for a few good mobile apps that educate users about mobile privacy and give them the ability to claim or demand greater control of their own personal information.

If you've got the app, we've got the bullhorn to promote it, including a panel of expert judges (Jake Appelbaum, Caspar Bowden, Chris Hoofnagle, Tadayoshi Kohno, Jules Polonetsky, Kai Rannenberg) who will give your app a thorough review and a crowd at DEFCON who will come check out the best apps we get.

Apps must be submitted with source code and eligible for open source licensing, and the deadline for submissions is June 10. For more info, check out https://develop4privacy.org.

Cheers,

~ Chris [who is finally free of enough commitments to start showing up at 2169 again occasionally - been a long time...]

Chris Conley
Policy Attorney
Technology & Civil Liberties Project
ACLU of Northern California

39 Drumm St., San Francisco CA 94117
415.621.2493 x308
cconley at aclunc.org<mailto:cconley at aclunc.org>
http://aclunc.org/tech
http://dotRights.org<http://dotrights.org/>

"As technology advances, civil liberties will not be left behind."