[Noisebridge-discuss] Bay Area Hacker's Association presents Dan Kaminsky

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Sun May 8 19:53:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 11:37:06AM -0700, travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org wrote:
> Apologies for the mixup last month.  We're trying again...
> ("this time for sure!")
>
> Bay Area (Hacker's Association|Security Enthusiasts) Meeting!
>
> 2nd Sunday of Every Month, 2pm, at Noisebridge, in the main area.
>
> It lasts until it's over.
>
> Our site, including google calendar: http://baha.bitrot.info/
>
> It's for people interested in security, not the other kind of hacking.
>
> This month we present:
> ======================
>
> Dan Kaminsky
>
> Making Trust Scale:  The Realities of Comodo and DNSSEC
>
> The realities of X.509 reached a fever pitch with the recent compromise of a
> Comodo SSL reseller. In this talk, I'll discuss how and why X.509, as a
> technology, leads to trust networks that do not scale, and how DNSSEC is in
> fact the correct technology to replace it.
>
> About Dan:
>
> Dan Kaminsky is an American security researcher. He formerly worked
> for Cisco, Avaya, and IOActive, where he was the Director of
> Penetration Testing. He is known among computer security experts for
> his work on DNS cache poisoning (also known as "The Kaminsky Bug"),
> and for showing that the Sony Rootkit had infected at least 568,200
> computers and for his talks at the Black Hat Briefings.
>
> On June 16, 2010, Dan was named by ICANN as one of the Trusted
> Community Representatives for the DNSSEC root.
>
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Dan_Kaminsky

If anyone can bring a camera, I've had numerous requests for videos...
--
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/ | "They've got you looking so hard
for any flaw, that after a while, that's all that you see."