[Noisebridge-discuss] Solving the bedbugs problem at Noisebridge

Brett Mahar brett.mahar at gmail.com
Mon May 9 00:14:03 UTC 2011

>  On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM, aestetix aestetix <aestetix at gmail.com>
>> >  wrote:
>> >           After talking with a few people, I am positive that bedbugs
>> >           are at Noisebridge. I'm happy to give examples of instances
>> >           privately, but for now, I feel it is very important that we
>> >           address this issue asap, lest a new breed of them hatch and
>> >           cause problems.

Hi list,
The hardest part of eradication is getting rid of the tiny eggs they lay
in fabric (eg undersides/crevasses of mattresses and couches). I would
recommend throwing away all couches/cushions/etc, and not replacing till
you are sure all bedbugs and eggs are long gone. Since there are
floorboards at Noisebridge, make sure the chemicals or freeze sprays are
sprayed into all floorboard and kickboard cracks. Wash all clothes with
boiling hot water and if possible leave out in the sun (eg on the
clothesline).
Good luck!
Brett.