[Noisebridge-discuss] "Hack Politics" -- still going on?

Danny Colligan dannycolligan at gmail.com
Mon May 16 04:45:14 UTC 2011

Jim,

Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure I want to take the lead on
this; I want to tread carefully in light of the Noisebridge
guidelines:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Guidelines

# Do not do anything at Noisebridge or involving Noisebridge which
could affect a political campaign, express or implied, incumbent or
not. While not illegal, it is grounds for the IRS to revoke our tax
exempt status, no exceptions.
# Noisebridge must not be involved in anything which could affect
federal legislation, with certain limited exemptions. Talk to the
officers of the corporation for guidance if you are unsure whether
your proposed activities will be exempt or not.

And some of what seems to be suggested on the Hack Politics page seems
to come into conflict with these guidelines.

(Plus, if someone is taking the lead on the event already, I would
like to know.)

Danny Colligan