[Noisebridge-discuss] XY Combinator

Griffin Boyce griffinboyce at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:10:42 UTC 2011

I would think in this case that the guys would be the "commodity" since they
are the ones vying for the affection of those who are considered to be
socially-superior.

To me at least, it's coded as access to romance and basic human affection,
which (again in my experience) isn't limited to "access to a vagina."  In
fact, it's incredibly insulting that it's so frequently assumed that "all
men want" is sexual interaction.  And yes, I've met (and frequently dated!)
men who were exceedingly polite and respectful, but were too shy in most
circumstances to make a good first impression.  The same goes for women,
come to think of it.  Something like this could be a good way to meet people
for all genders and sexualities.

Presenting at startup events tends to be geared towards people who are just
seeking capital.  It would be great if there were more casual events where
you could go and talk about your idea, research or business (at any stage)
just for the hell of it.

Just my half-a-farthing.

~Griffin

--
Be the change you want to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi