[Noisebridge-discuss] XY Combinator

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Tue May 24 22:47:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Liz Henry <liz at bookmaniac.org> wrote:
> The rape culture aspect here is that men
> are also taught that they should and can feel resentment and rage for
> not "having" automatic access to women's bodies

It goes well beyond this. There are also men (and women) who feel
resentment and rage when they give a demo to Sequoia Capital or the
NSF and don't automatically get "their" money. We call these people
"assholes".

Anger comes from fear, and fear is simply the consequence of every
lie: for example the lie that one person is the "prize", and the other
is a "loser" without the external affirmation of "having" the "prize".
Clearly that is a game for suckers. Dishonest and misguided desire
leads to suffering. In other news, apparently *bears* have been using
the *forest* as a toilet!