[Noisebridge-discuss] Come to Noisebridge today/night and this weekend!

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sat Nov 12 00:16:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> We're already getting a bunch of people coming in from Mitch's KQED
> interview! Due to Rob's improper use of our emergency 311 response
> system, I zipped on over to ye old Bridge to see what was up, then spent
> a while chatting with this MIT science professor about Noisebridge and
> how he lives just a few blocks away and never knew such a space existed.
> This is great!

Actually, at the start of it we spent LOTS of time explaining how the
311 isn't an emergency line, but an information line, and berating
people who thought it was. So Rob was totally okay to do
that, IMHO opinion, and you Rubin are OUT OF LINE MAN WAY OUT OF LINE etc etc

I call as my first witness, the wiki page that says its not an
emergency line: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/311

But it does feel a bit like an emergency line on the other end, which
is entirely my problem -- partly because it's really hard to leave a
message for people so that they know what's going on, and have
somebody to call back when it's called from the phone.

So 311 volunteers just get an eery message saying somebody at NB
called the number, and all assume that MC Hawking is rolling around
crushing folk or something. I will try and fix this.

In conclusion, sorrreee!

d.