[Noisebridge-discuss] Paid for cleaners, have they ever come by the space?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Nov 16 19:28:17 UTC 2011

Danny O'Brien wrote, On 2011-11-15 23:52:
> Notes, they say:
> Will says that we're at the end of our three month experiment with
> cleaners. How do people feel about that?

There's no explanation about what this experiment entailed, nor does it
answer my question of did the cleaners ever actually show up and partake
in the act of cleaning.

> Shannon says it seems cleaner.

Noisebridge looks like Noisebridge looks like the festering hackerspace
it's always been. If someone were to tell me that we just spent greater
than [insert sum of money here] of Noisebridge funds on someone to clean
the space, I would laugh to hard I'd crap myself, then leave the crap on
the floor of the space, because it really doesn't look any cleaner
(especially after I've pooped on it).

I see no minutes on what's been cleaned.

> It is felt that we should put it up for consensus for a further period,
> this time for six months.

My response would be that this can't pass for consensus until someone
can outline what cleaning has happened, how much it cost us, and (key
point here) how that's improved the space over not paying a cleaners for
cleaning service.

> My brief foray into the mind of the objective reader would indicate that,
> between these lines, the average enlightened polymath may deduce: a) we
> just finished our experiment, b) yes indeed we paid for cleaners, c) the
> next step is to see if anyone wants to do this for another six months, d)
> if you want more specific answers on this, it would be easy to either email
> Will and edit the notes yourself, or possibly don't tell me the notes suck
> when I'm just into the last minutes of the fifth hour dealing with
> Noisebridge stuff tonight, as it shakes my Spock-like calm and makes me
> want to go DERP DERP DERP MY NAMES RUBIN DERP DERP DERP for the next few
> paragraphs.

The meeting minutes simply state that there was an experiment and no
information about if that experiment contained actual paid for cleaning,
which is why I emailed asking if this was the case.

I would love to email Will except we have like half a dozen of them and
the minutes don't detail which one. Additionally I think there were more
people involved in the discussion of cleaning at the meeting than just
Will, which is why I emailed the list.

Danny I'm sorry I publicly stated that your notes were shit. Thanks for
being the note taker, I appreciate it and hope that I can some day take
as good of notes as you, and also look as dashing as you, and hold you,
stare into your eyes, and tell you I...

http://nburl.net/nbporn

--
Rubin