[Noisebridge-discuss] Tor router

Ryan Castellucci ryan.castellucci at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:01:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:34 AM, Bill Pollock <bill at nostarch.com> wrote:
> My son and I have been trying to set up a Tor router on a Dreamplug. I
> think we've succeeded in bricking it *but* I think it can be saved.
> I've pulled out the SD Card but I don't know what to do with it. I've
> tried copying uboot to a partition but I don't know what to do with
> rootfs, which one to use, where to put it, and so on.
>
> Everything seemed to be working until we tried to copy the software
> from the flash drive to the router. I think the JTAG connection fell
> out (because it's a lousy connection) and there went the whole
> enchilada, as they say.
>
> Has anyone set one of these up successfully? And, if so, could I ask your help?

I've got one of these, though I haven't had to de-brick one.  A quick
search seems to indicate that you'd want to use OpenOCD to halt the
cpu, load uBoot into memory, resume it, then flash from memory.

This seems to be a pretty good description of how to fix it:
http://www.newit.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2647.0

If you want to ping me on irc (ryan-c at freenode) I can probably help if
those instructions don't work.  I've also got a working DreamPlug at
home, and I'd be happy to image it and send you the image with
instructions on copying it to your SD card.

--
Ryan Castellucci http://ryanc.org/