[Noisebridge-discuss] Buying a projector

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 23:22:05 UTC 2011

I bought a projector off Craigslist. It's a Mitsubishi XL8U:
- 2000 lumens
- 1024x768 native resolution
- VGA and S-Video input
- speakers
- 6 lbs
- carrying case w/strap, power and VGA cables
- no remote. Might want to program a universal remote to work with it.
- unknown amount of hours on the lamp

It's in perfect working condition, aside from a small rubber piece that the
previous owner removed because he said one of the fans was rattling against
it. He gave me that piece, though, so I can work toward putting it back in,
if it's actually needed.

I got it for only $120, so even if it does need a new lamp soon, I'd be
happy to get one.

I'm going to hold off on donating it until I can work out a way to keep the
projector safe. I might suggest mounting it in one of the classrooms. I'll
come in for the Tuesday meeting and talk more about that.

P.S. the dude who I sold it to is a backend web developer interested in
taking my frontend web development class, so he'll probably show up
tomorrow!

Jeffrey