[Noisebridge-discuss] economics

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 02:50:48 UTC 2011

There are some good simulation packages, some in python if you know that
language or are interested in picking it up.

In terms of socio economics, ants are the lab rats. Surprisingly human like
in their organization of labor, competition, and conflict. Point being, you
can get a good start with  the simulation stuff by looking at ant models.

It is true that the principles of the individual acting to maximize their
utility or personal value are being put into question. There may be more
than greed operating when economies get into trouble.

Another interesting area to look at is political economy. A book that
really impressed me was Steven Weber's The Success of Open Source. (What
makes free software progress ? Is it some strange form of communism ? What
about things like Wikipedia ?)