[Noisebridge-discuss] book swap in sf?

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Wed Nov 23 04:43:02 UTC 2011

On 11/22/11 8:13 PM, Olya K wrote:
> i think we most certainly should host one at noisebridge.
> it'd be nice if the book wud come back if you wanted them back tho..

I was thinking we could have a swap/free shelf over by the donations and
trash!  So the swap shelf would be distinct from the library, which in
theory, we don't take books away from.  And it would be a good place to
put the 3rd copy of Learning Perl (or whatever), which is too nice to
throw away outright but not useful to keep.

If you have ever done work with books, it doesn't take much to suddenly
attract boxes and boxes of incredibly junky books. They fall from the
sky. Then they have to be hauled away. So I want to approach the
swapping, or at least the gathering of free books, with caution.

For the books in the library, I was going to scan them all into
LibraryThing and then invite people to tag them -- especially to tag
"stay" or "go" about anything they particularly like or think is useless.

- Liz

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ