[Noisebridge-discuss] Moving into the 21st century w/ NB computing culture ...

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Nov 23 23:11:39 UTC 2011

Andy Isaacson wrote, On 2011-11-23 01:26:
> 3. rubin is likely to poop on any server at 2169.  I mean, look at this
> guy.  Do you really want him having access to your hardware?
> http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=rubin110&page=3
> (totally can't find the missile silo photo, though.)

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/rubin110/3833437266/

Please don't setup any more servers at Noisebridge unless they're
fanless embedded machines that sit on your project shelf, make no noise,
use little to no internet bandwidth and you're contributing money to the
power bill each month.

Machines left at Noisebridge will get hacked on by others, shut off in
unfriendly ways, disconnected from the network, and generally forgotten
by whoever set it up their. We're trying really really really really
hard not to host anymore servers in the space, its' a big money and time
sink for those of us that want to make the space not suck.

What are Diaspora's dependencies?

Thanks.

--
Rubin