[Noisebridge-discuss] Touch panel hacking

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Nov 28 03:26:54 UTC 2011

Most of these embedded solutions I'm looking at cost around $120 - $150,
then you need a power supply, and most likely a way to get VGA out.

I just realized we could simply buy a bunch of cheap Android tablets,
mount them to the walls, and be done with it. Looking at a couple off of
Amazon for under $100. The only downsides are they're 7" wide, and a
shiny object to walk off. The upshot is this is suck an easy solution,
they can get installed anywhere really easily, and the touch screen
isn't going to be running over a very flaky serial connection.

Thoughts?

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net