[Noisebridge-discuss] Frontend Web Development class, homework/preparation

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 02:34:18 UTC 2011

Hey all! Thanks to those, returning and new, who made it to the second Frontend Web Development class.

For those who didn't make it or would like to better understand the topics in this week's class, please consider reading through these two excellent articles about CSS positioning and floating:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/css-positioning-101/
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/css-floats-101/

For the next class, based on a suggestion, we will be walking through taking a mockup and turning it into HTML and CSS. I've already prepared the mockup, so if you want to get a head start or just think of good questions to ask, here it is:
https://noisebridge.net/images/4/4f/Frontend_Web_Mockup_1.png
(I never said I was much of a designer.)

Please consider downloading the GNU Image Manipulation Tool (GIMP), as we might be opening it up to work with this mockup:
http://www.gimp.org/
Photoshop or Fireworks will work swimmingly if you have them, though.

The Facebook event is here, if that's what'll remind you:
https://www.facebook.com/events/280404095328200

Hope to see you next Monday at 8pm, recap at 7:30pm! As always, all details can be found here:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Frontend_Web_Development

Additionally, any and all questions or suggestions about the class are welcome.
Jeffrey