[Noisebridge-discuss] 5 Minutes of Fame -- One Week from now -- Nov 17th

Felix Sargent felix.sargent at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 23:16:31 UTC 2011

Hi All!

Signups have opened for 5 Minutes of Fame <http://5mof.net/>!
Woooohooaa*aaaagghh*!

Five Minutes of Fame (5MoF) is an adaptation of CCC's Lightning Talks. The
idea is that we have ten 5 minute talks within an hour. Talks can be
shorter, but not longer, than five minutes.
Some people are working on projects that are not ready for a full 30 minute
or hour long talk, but they want to get their ideas out. Maybe they need
help, maybe they want to propose an idea to the Noisebridge community.
Some people are shy to public speaking and want to practice without giving
an "official" conference talk, which can be daunting. This is a great way
to try it out, in a community of peers.

Sign up at www.5mof.net/signup

We want *you* to give a talk on your latest project, idle ruminations,
or mellifluous musings.
Examples of talks that have inspired 5 Minutes of Fame Audiences Mission
Wide:

   - Wear my Electric Exercise Belt (Quote: "Oh... Oh god... Oh god that's
   weird. Oh god take it off.")
   - Kittens <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX8nswnUKU>!
   - Memristors <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memristor>, how do they work?
   - Educating Children with VideoGames (http://primerlabs.com/)

If you have a talk to give, sign up at www.5mof.net/signup with a brief
description of your presentation, then have slides ready by Wednesday.
If you've ever talked about it with your friends, you can spend 5 minutes
talking about it with strangers.

Five Minutes of Fame is hosted at
Noisebridge<https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Five_Minutes_of_Fame>,
at *2169 Mission St, San Francisco* Google
Maps<http://maps.google.com/?q=2169+Mission+Street,+94110>

Questions, Comments, throw them at your helpful MC, Me, Felix.

Regards,

Felix Sargent
felix.sargent at gmail.com