[Noisebridge-discuss] Library cleaning and re-org

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Wed Nov 16 22:09:31 UTC 2011

I started cleaning and organizing the library area today. Here's an update.

Stuff is mostly off the floor now. It needs sweeping and mopping. Mouse
turds are indeed in the corners and underneath the gaming console area,
the desk behind that, and under the couches.

The books are all off the floor now and off the tables and surrounding
areas.

I'm in the process of moving the electronics books onto shelves which
are nearer to the electronics area.  Programming and network books will
be in the middle along with popular descriptions of computer/internet
history and culture.  There are books (and room) for small social
science, politics, and biology/chemistry sections.

On the small black shelf next to Pole 10, I'm putting kids' books,
general reference, and a shelf of fiction.  Cookbooks are going to go
over by the kitchen on the shelves by Pole 11.

Once the books are in their general areas I'll organize them more
finely, label the shelves, and maybe put them all in LibraryThing or a
similar system.  With the book list online it will be easy to tag some
books as marked for removal (so as to give people the option to say "No,
keep those!").  I'll put all this info into the wiki later this week.

Jim, I know you were doing a ton of work on managing the library or at
least on weeding through the book donations.  I didn't weed much -- just
three or four fiction books that were too dull and useless to stay.   If
anyone wants to have a Library working group, email me!

Cheers,

- Liz

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ