[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Hackers Voter Guide?

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sat Nov 5 22:46:14 UTC 2011

Okay, I'm usually the last to do the "ooh Noisebridge isn't alllowed
to do that because of the *laws*" card, but I  really need to point
out here that, actually, advocating for a specific political candidate
or candidates in an election is *specifically* what 501(c)3
organizations like NB are prohibited from doing. Noisebridge cannot
participate either for or against a political election campaign for
people running for office. It's about the main thing that is strictly
enforced.

Please everybody be overparanoid about this, freak out at every
opportunity, and spend time asking rhetorical questions onlist of
non-lawyers about what exactly the limits of this rule are.

Alternatively, go hack on something!

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/limits-political-campaigning-501c3-nonprofits-29982.html

d.