[Noisebridge-discuss] Money for new Stallion (Pony) VM server

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Nov 7 08:28:02 UTC 2011

I've noticed this hardware in the closet, but wasn't sure of its
provenance. Thanks Jake!

Sounds pretty decent. The CPUs (Woodcrest) support Intel VT for hosting VMs.

My hunch is that it'll be relatively power-hungry, and one of the main
driving points behind refactoring the server situation in the closet
is to reduce power consumption in there.
That said, I don't think it's been metered out, so I think it's
certainly worth taking a look at and measuring what it draws.

--j