[Noisebridge-discuss] Perl classes?

Joseph Brenner doomvox at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 23:51:06 UTC 2011

John Magolske <listmail at b79.net> wrote:

* Ronald Cotoni <setient at gmail.com> [111104 19:56]:
> > I am interested in learning Perl.  I am not very good but I think a study
> > group could be useful especially if we have someone who is actually good
> at
> > it already.  Anyone else interested?
>
> I believe some of the folks involved with the Balzac Study Group [1]
> are associated with the Perl users group Mich mentioned. Maybe check
> with them...not sure how closely they follow this list.
>
> [1]
> https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2011-September/025084.html

Yes, that'd be me.  I'm one of the guys who runs the SF Perl group.  We're
actually pretty good about doing meetings every month, we're just not so
good about updating our website.  There's a perhaps regretable tendency to
treat our "meetup" pages as the real website:

   http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl-Mongers/

The last meeting in October was pretty succesful... a talk on "Pegex and
Acmeism" over at Citizenspace where Larry Wall put in an appearance.
The next meeting is probably going to be Tatsuhiko Miyagawa talking about
Carton, though we're not sure what the date is going to be.

If y'all are definitely going to be doing a perl study group on Sunday at
1pm, I'll tell the SF perl group about it.  I'll also try to attend myself,
though no promises (I just moved to West Oakland, and am still busy on
set-up).

And if you've got some questions about some perl code, you can bring it by
the "Balzac Study Group" (next meeting: Thursday night, Nov 10).  It's not
supposed to be a narrowly focused group.

And if you have a some specific questions, you try the low traffic and
newbie-friendly sf.pm.org mailing list: