[Noisebridge-discuss] Come to Noisebridge today/night and this weekend!

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 03:58:32 UTC 2011

On Nov 11, 2011, at 17:45, "Danny O'Brien" <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> Yeah, it's supposed to be a way of calling a semi-random selection of
> people if you don't see anyone around in the space who can help. When
> you call it, you're dropped into a conference call, and a bunch of
> other people are paged and urged to call into the conference call too.

Perhaps the system can prompt the caller to briefly summarize the issue before connecting them?

"I can't remember whether the anode is the short or long leg on an LED" would make people unconcerned if the caller hung up.

Conversely, "There's some strange guy with a chainsaw" as the message would leave a different impression if the caller didn't respond.

(I've never called or answered 311, so I'm just speculating)

Thanks,

gopi at iPhone