[Noisebridge-discuss] [dorkbotsf-blabber] MCU > 80MHz, low pincount, power saving?

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 20:24:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM, aws <andy.schmeder at gmail.com> wrote:
> MCUs described as "high current" can be a bit misleading, 25mA is possible on a few pins, but not all GPIO pins combined.  The total limits are stated somewhere in the datasheet.

Right. I have a ST Micro Cortex-M4 (same core as the Kinetis K60
posted above). The data sheet says each GPIO can source or sink +/-
20mA. It also refers to a limits table which says any individual I/O
pin can source or sink up to 25mA, while the sum of all currents must
be within +/- 25mA. I wonder if that means you can drive two 25mA
lines as long as you also sink two? It was a free eval board if you
want to try to break it.

http://www.st.com/internet/evalboard/product/252419.jsp?WT.ac=p2_bn_sep11_stm32f4discovery