[Noisebridge-discuss] Occupysf being raided now.

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 21:39:29 UTC 2011

Shannon made it down there. He says raid was small and is over. It seems
like the new tactic is a death of a thousand cuts. It is harder to get
enraged about a series of smaller raids, slow thefts of resources, but it
is certainly possible, because I know I am pissed about these backhanded
tactics. Health and public safety concerns about the homeless have been far
worse, and endemic across soma, the mission, and the tenderloin, for
years.  It is disingenuous to pretend that is the concern here when the
reality is that the Occupy movement has worked to empower these people.
Every time I am in camp I see conflict but also resolution, and damnit I
always see a hippie pushing a broom.  CLEANING, you know?

Sigh.

mediumreality.com