[Noisebridge-discuss] Geeks & Depression meetup

Just Duncan justduncan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 23:19:36 UTC 2011

Thank you, Mitch!

This might be a good place for anyone to share and talk about the myriad of
feelings, often paradoxical, that a suicide can leave those behind
wrestling with.  Not just grief, but often feelings of guilt,
second-guessing oneself, loneliness, depression, hopelessness, and anger.
 I think suicide is among the most selfish things a person can do and it's
victims are the very people who cared and loved the most, left behind.

Dealing with a suicide is a heavy life event, perhaps even more so as we
enter the holiday season.  Being a social taboo in general conversation
doesn't help, but it does help to know others are feeling similarly, that
these feelings are both valid and normal, and that it is ok to talk about
them.