[Noisebridge-discuss] economics

Olya K krasnykh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 00:44:24 UTC 2011

Everyone, thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming along with any
opinions/etc.
I'm a biologist and economics (much like politics) has always scared me b/c
of the "complicated" lingo
I tried to take an Economics 101 class but was largely disappointed (not
sure why, now that I think about it.. should have been clear from the get
go that i'll learn nothing truthful/useful in a 101 class taught at your
"average" school) with the supply-demand model and the free-market economy
as the optimal model <-- made very little sense to me

Needless to say, Im happy to know that the reason much of what I've heard
on the topic of oureconomy never made much sense for a good reason. Because
it DOESNT make sense. So that's why I'm reaching out for sources. So I can
understand where exactly we are at the present and what kinds of ideas are
floating around in terms of what should be the long-term sustainable
solution.

If anyone is interested in getting together to talk about these things on a
world-wide level, I'd love that. Maybe after Turkey weekend?

Olya