[Noisebridge-discuss] Need help with an RFID project

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Nov 23 05:25:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 04:35:18PM -0800, Geoff Horne wrote:
> I have some RFID tags that i would like to test and some other related
> 'shielding' HW that i need to verify the reality of.
>
> Is anyone (with an RFID reader) interested in helping me with an
> experiment ?
>
> If so, please contact me off list.

Other people are probably interested, so please keep discussion on-list
if you can!  (Of course you're welcome to discuss off-list as well, but
threads are such fun.)

I have an "OpenPCD 2" which should be able to read 13.56 MHz tags.

http://www.openpcd.org/#Introduction

http://www.openpcd.org/File:OpenPCD2s.JPG

It's USB and has a fully open source software stack so you'll probably
want a Linux machine to use it with.

I think 13.56 is the most common frequency, but your devices may be in
another band:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFID#Regulation_and_standardization

I'd love to help with your experiment!  Let me know when you'd like to
meet up.

-andy