[Noisebridge-discuss] media wiki syntax how to manual - recommendation

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:41:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Greetings,
> Does anyone knows some nice "how to" edit media wiki pages manual? I'm
> trying to find how to "justify" the text and after half an hour of search I
> feel that the failure is near (it took me just two minutes to find the same
> feature for dokuwiki and even less to find "centered" syntax option for
> media wiki).

frantisek,

look at the mediawiki wikitext examples page for help:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Wikitext_examples

also, I searched le goog and for 'mediawiki text justify right' and found
http://www.mwusers.com/forums/showthread.php?3300-Align-text-left-and-right-in-one-line

which gave me a forum post with the answer you seek:
You will have to use some CSS for the effect that you want. The simplest
and most common way to do this is using an outer DIV with the text aligned
to the right, and then float an inner DIV to the left.

Example:
Right text

I tested this at
https://noisebridge.net/index.php?title=NoiseLand&action=submit and it is
live now, you can look for a right justified easter egg there.

hth,
-rma