[Noisebridge-discuss] Hologlyphic-Movie/Noisbridge grant funding re-application

Walter Funk marybraindoe at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 19:13:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

Indy Arts and myself have a draft agreement, which will be finalized tomorrow afternoon.

Also wanted to re-afirm that I'd like to ask for consensus at tomorrow's meeting. Consensuson sending the letter of intent,as mentioned in an earlier post. This was tried and miss-communicated at the last meeting. The letter would be sent Friday, the 2nd.

Someone from Indy Arts & Media be at Tuesday's meeting, they can answer details on the fiscal sponsorship and I can answer details on the 3D project.

The draft agreement is linked below on my website, I'll update it and the new letter of intent tomorrow:

http://www.hologlyphics.com/Fiscal_Sponsorship_Contract_DRAFT.rtf

From Indy Arts & Media:

"We have a standard contract we use. Please note that this is a FINAL
DRAFT. It is not complete. We are actually having our lawyer finalize
it tomorrow
 afternoon. It is a very thorough document and its purpose
is to ensure that everyone obeys the law and spends the money on what
it is intended for.

There are a few things in here that we are still sorting out, notably
bank fees and insurance, but otherwise, this is a standard document
that all our sponsored affiliates sign. It is based in part on
contracts used by other local fiscal sponsors, such as Intersection
for the Arts, SOMArts, etc."

In terms of clarity regarding on who is the legal recipiant of the funding, again from IAM:

' IAM would be the legal recipient of the funding. People(Grant sources) would be
giving to Independent Arts & Media and getting their IRS letter from
us. IAM would be contractually obligated to direct donations it
receives for Hologlyphics to Noise Bridge, which would be the
"grantee" signatory on the contract. IAM would be the "grantor." '

I hope this helps achieve some clarity on the financial sponsorship. Anyhow Indy Art does have a staff for this work, which NB does not. This should work out great.

Please let us know if there's any questions or feedback on the agreement. I'll post the finalized version of it and also the letter of intent tomorrow.

Also feel free to ask more questions about the 3D video without glasses concepts.

Thanks,
Walter