[Noisebridge-discuss] Walls - Echo control

FireFaerie FireFaerie at psyreal.net
Tue Nov 29 21:02:31 UTC 2011

Echoes are not a result of the space between the drywall boards but rather
reflections from the hard wall surface. Placing anechoic material centrally
on the face of the wall changes the angle of incidence which leads to
reduced reverberation and reflection.  In addition to sound dampening panels
other things like hanging rugs, tapestries, hanging art, anything that
softens or changes significantly the angle of incidence will reduce reverb.
 ~K~