[Noisebridge-discuss] [Build] Wall idea for classroom

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:31:29 UTC 2011

I don't know how well it fits in with other ideas, but some ideas I think might be nifty:

a) digital projector that can be drawn upon, either by a person standing with an electronic pen, or by other people with tablets/laptops/etc - could be remote as well.
(There are various ways to do the pen, but I think IR emitters on pens with two image sensors would be inexpensive and easy to hack up and reliable)

b) Camera(s) pointed at the whiteboards with some infrastructure behind them. Rather than having somebody point some sort of device or other at the whiteboard, take a picture, then email it, etc., cameras are cheap nowadays. Ceiling mounted camera that takes regular images during activity, plus a button on the whiteboard for "save instantly". Would make things easier and could provide some very interesting content to browse when you're bored :)

c) built-in audio and/or video recording. If you want to record a presentation, the recording infrastructure would be present in the room, so you can just hit "record" and it's there.

Thanks,

gopi.