[Noisebridge-discuss] Mitch & Bilal's trip to Cairo

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 02:23:28 UTC 2011

I'm in Cairo.  It's quite an exciting time to be here! Hopes are very high here after their "Freedom Revolution", even with the military still in power. I mainly came here to be part of Maker Faire Africa (which was this past weekend), and was funded by a Kickstarter campaign to make it all happen.  Together with the brand new Cairo Hackerspace, we set up a 3-Day hackerspace at the Faire, which was way wondeful! In case anyone is interested in more info, I created 2 blog posts today on the Noisebridge blog: One was about my take on the night of violence here in Cairo tonight:http://blog.noisebridge.net/2011/10/09/violence-in-cairo-9-october-2011/ The other is about Maker Faire Africa, the new Cairo Hackerspace, and the Hackerspace Meetups me and Bilal are helping to organize:http://blog.noisebridge.net/2011/10/09/trip-to-cairo-egypt/ Cheers,Mitch.