[Noisebridge-discuss] OccupySF Needs ppl NOW!! Police moving in

Zach . organic_unity at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 07:08:02 UTC 2011

Get to 101 Market Street now if you can support!

---Police have moved in with an official Notice for people to vacate or get arrested.  We really need people to watch what is going on and safely observe with video cameras/camera phones and show numbers in support.  There is a line of vans and paddy wagons to take people away parked around the corner as of right now (12am Oct 6th).

Official Website with info:
http://www.occupysf.com/

For those that don't know, OccupySF is the local group of people that have been camping out is support of Occupy Wall Street in New York City.  They are at 101 Market Street (near embarcadero, in front of the Federal Reserve building) to protest the Banks that have lead to our Stock Market Crash and stollen trillions of dollars in tax bailouts.  It is a new autonomous movement based on the fact that 1% of the American population owns 99% of the wealth.  We are that 99%.

My experience when I saw it was that Its a beautiful camp with a free library, home cooked meals, and theyre sharing everything collectively in a positive non-violent way.  People were very kind and from all walks of life and the entire this really is grass-roots and very well done.  I hope we can continue to support this movement and see it grow!

Zach