[Noisebridge-discuss] Are people okay with people sleeping at the Noisebridge space?

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Tue Oct 11 23:21:09 UTC 2011

On 10/11/11 3:32 PM, Al Sweigart wrote:
> Are people okay with people sleeping at the Noisebridge space? Who has
> a problem with it? Who doesn't have a problem with it?

#OccupyNoisebridge!

Just kidding. I wake people up and ask them not to sleep at the space.

I would support a hacker hostel project in a different space, though.
Since a fair amount of people coming to Noisebridge need infrastructure
for living, they might be able to band together to set up a cheap and
sustainable hacker hostel situation. I guess some problems with that
might be:

- finding a landlord and neighbors who don't mind/notice 10 people
living out of two rooms

- getting enough capital together to pay deposit/first month/last month rent

- having the wherewithal to pass a credit check or whatever other
paperwork or background hurdles there might be

- developing the social trust among hacker hostel potential members to
want to live with them (or tolerate living with them) in close quarters.
(Along with whoever they bring home with them.)

- liz

--

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ