[Noisebridge-discuss] Are people okay with people sleeping at the Noisebridge space?

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 23:26:20 UTC 2011

This isn't solution though. It punishes people who want to be
considerate about not sleeping at the space so they don't upset
others, and it rewards people who value their own convenience for a
crashpad over the feelings of others. We're currently at nothing close
to agreement (is it okay to nap? sleep overnight? sleep overnight if
you contribute? kick out sleepers?), so the side that wins is simple
the side that's loudest, whether they are being excellent or not.

Giving people privileges because they have the right friends at
Noisebridge is unequal treatment and not a Noisebridge value. I don't
want people sleeping at Noisebridge. But I don't want to cause a fuss
over this or kick sleepers out if we come to an agreement that that
behavior is okay. If we just say it should continue as it has been
going, we're just going to keep causing drama (as in, not healthy
conflict that all organizations have, but just unconstructive drama).

I'll get the ball rolling. What if we agree to set aside space for
napping? Either above the dark room or maybe by the fire escape, so
people will still feel welcome to use the space since it wouldn't
disturb sleepers as much?

-Al