[Noisebridge-discuss] Are people okay with people sleeping at the Noisebridge space?

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 20:58:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:
> Jon, Gian, anyone: do you have any ideas for how to enforce a
> members-only policy, should we decide to try it?  The only one I've ever
> heard is, stop answering the doorbell.  Otherwise I think you have to
> depend on everyone to be a door-person and ask for the incoming person's
> ... membership card?  How would it work?
>
> Everyone who's against members-only, let's at least hear their ideas!
> Even if we choose not to make this change, the discussion is valuable.

I'm for members only hours; it doesn't prohibit "open hours" or guest
sponsored activities, but I think that kicking out non-members at 2 am
and having the last member there close the place until morning is
reasonable.

As far as recognizing membership goes, I've seen many places have
member photos on the wall.

Will.