[Noisebridge-discuss] how to subscribe and unsubscribe (was Re: Canceling tonight's "Balzac Study Group" (javascript/jquery discussion))

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Fri Oct 14 00:23:53 UTC 2011

That is far too kind. Included below is an email from an anonymous
old-timer, sent to the NANOG list:

"""
20 years ago, when we were young whippersnappers on nm-list ('new [forms
of] music' list), we had much spam of this type, so we'd manually unsub
them, then sub them to 'blackhole-list', which had a very clear daily
email of instructions of how to get off the list.

That didnt help.

Some still people posting, even daily, to that list, asking to be taken
off... sometimes arguing with eachother, even to the point of flame wars
(!) - others even cooperating on trying to figure it out once and for
all. Like a bunch of drunken sheep bouncing off eachother in a pen with
the gate wide open, but no one ever bounces into the right spot for
escape...

Then some kids decided to take it over and discuss and trade
commodore-64 *juarez* on it (and then, seeming to having a shred of
clue, they were harassed by others for help to get off the list) til we
noticed and figured we were abetting piracy, so we shut it down.

Ah those were the days. (nods to old nm-listers, be ye out there.)

/kc

"""