[Noisebridge-discuss] Are people okay with people sleeping at the Noisebridge space?

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 02:03:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com> wrote:
> Serious face: Noisebridge can't be members only.  There is too much that
> non-members offer to the space.  The only qualification for opening access
> to Noisebridge should be, "Don't be a dick."

> I think open admittance with a strong, "Anti-Dick" policy is the best
> noisebridge can hope for.

I don't see a problem with Noisebridge having a members only "after
hours" policy.  It seems like most of the problems come from that
area.  Easy to implement as well; you either are a member and have a
key to get in after hours, or you don't.

> Maybe noisebridge should have a policy to boot anyone, for a day, who has
> partaken in dick-like activity.  Any time there is a sleeper, a conflict,
> destruction of property in a positively negative way, or otherwise dickish
> behavior, kick out the offending party for 24 hours.

There's the usual arguments about "who decides", how do you identify
the people in question, communicate the ban, etc.

Whitelists are better than blacklists.

Will.