[Noisebridge-discuss] OccupySF Hackathon Tonight @The Hub, (EventBrite)

L E lexein-esc at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 20:36:38 UTC 2011

via hackerne.ws
https://www.eventbrite.com/event/2325537746
(apparently (?) a ticket is required, so click that)

The Hub
921 Mission St San Francisco, CA 94103
Friday, October 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM - Saturday, October 15, 2011 at 7:00 PM (PT)

There's a movement
growing across this country. Thousands of people are saying that they've had enough of Wall St, DC, and an economy that only works for 1% of
us.
To support and expand this movement, we're organizing a last minute hackathon. Our goal is to get a room full of programmers, designers, artists and
anyone else who's interested, all working on hacks and tools to make the movement stronger.
We'll kick things off Friday night with some overviews of whats
happening and form teams. We'll finish Saturday evening with
presentations.
Few other notes:
	* To keep things grounded, we're reaching out to various occupations
across the country to get  a wishlist of what they'd like built. We'll
also have a few folks from various campaigns and organizations there to
give you more insight in what will be useful.
	* There's no prize money here. This is being organized by a group of
volunteers. But, at the end of the day on Saturday, we'll have
presentations and vote on an audience favorite.
	* We're doing this fast and with not a lot of resources. If you'd like to help out, please contact us at occupyhack at gmail.com. We could use help with promoting the event and logistics during the day.
	* If you've got an API or dataset that you think could be helpful, please contact us at occupyhack at gmail.com. If you'd like to sponsor the event, we'd love to hear from you too ;)