[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Are people okay with people flowing rivers of mercury at the Noisebridge space?

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Mon Oct 17 13:36:00 UTC 2011

Interesting.  And when someone got on the bed, the mass would dampen current
fluctuations while simultaneously decreasing electrical resistance.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Ray <waywardengineer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm interesting. Aren't waterbeds known for being kind of saggy
> though? A mercury bed might be pleasantly firm but floaty at the same
> time!
>
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com>
> wrote:
> > Would mercury be too dense to act as the medium for a water, sorry,
> mercury
> > bed?  I imagine we'd float too high.  Maybe it would be a great medium
> for
> > over worked robots.
> >
> > -- Sent while under the observation of my Android overlord.
> >
> > On Oct 13, 2011 1:11 PM, "Ray" <waywardengineer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> As someone who has mostly been an email list lurker, I find that this
> >> discussion and the drama around it will probably give me a reason to
> >> stay away from the Noisebridge space, when otherwise I probably would
> >> have come by and productively hacked on and frolicked in said mercury
> >> rivers. And maybe I would have hacked together something like a
> >> waterbed, but with mercury, for comfortable sleeping. But not now, not
> >> when I see how much drama a simple mercury river would cause there.
> >>
> >> Ray

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler - Albert
Einstein <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein>
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo Da
Vinci<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Da_Vinci>
Perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there
is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint
Exupéry<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_de_Saint_Exup%C3%A9ry>
Keep It Simple Stupid - Kelly
Johnson<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Johnson>