[Noisebridge-discuss] community banks?

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:01:47 UTC 2011

I moved everything out to SF FCU in 2008 after the crash.  They've
been decent, and they have better online banking integration with MS
Money (Sunset edition) than Wells Fargo / BofA at this point.  There
are credit union ATMs all through the city, and an iPhone app that
shows you where they are.

Will.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Ronald Cotoni <setient at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is awesome.  I was having issues with Chase recently and this would
> make more sense for me to use.  SWEET!
>
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Sean Cusack <sean.p.cusack at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Most definitely yes -
>> The SF Fire Credit Union. Get this - free ATMs. And by free, I mean
>> actually free, not Bank of America free. The reimburse every ATM fee you
>> ever get charged. There is no minimum balance requirement to make this
>> happen either! They have bill pay and all that online banking jazz too if
>> you are into it: http://www.sffirecu.org/checking-savings/checking
>> I have to say...I have no idea why any consumer ever has an account at a
>> big bank. Its a note I've been giving the Occupy:xx people. Vote with your
>> wallet. Close your big bank account until they lose enough customers/money
>> that they will be forced to actually *compete*, not just rule the world with
>> a monopoly.
>> Sean
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Olya K <krasnykh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> Was wondering if anyone has a positive experience with a community bank
>>> in SF, and if so, which bank?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Olya