[Noisebridge-discuss] community banks?

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Fri Oct 28 01:44:15 UTC 2011

I'm an SF Fire Credit Union member. I became a member when I joined NERT. I
thought that one had to be associated with the Fire Department to join. Hmm,
yes, that's what their website says (
http://www.sffirecu.org/about-us/membership-eligibility). How does one join
if they aren't a member of "the Northern California Firefighting Community
and those who support them" ?

I can confirm Rubin's comments about their ugly website. And it bugs me TO
NO END how I have to log in with my 11 digit account number instead of a
username. But hey, they aren't The Man.   Are they?

How does one make a cash deposit to SF Fire Credit Union? I mean, they only
have locations worldwide.