[Noisebridge-discuss] Bank account for tomorrows meeting.

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Oct 31 23:21:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 04:07:06PM -0700, girlgeek wrote:
> I don't know the proper method, but I would like to propose an item for
> tomorrow's NB meeting
> Proposed that NB move our account from Wells Fargo to any local bank or
> credit union.

Edit the wiki to add it to the agenda, and come to the meeting with
information.

1. What credit unions offer an appropriate account?  Call several and
ask.  Please come to the meeting with a list of institutions that you
have actually confirmed will offer the account, as well as a checklist
for at least one institution for how we open the account.  Who needs to
show up?  Do they offer check cards for multiple account signers?

2. Who will do the legwork to make this happen?  Our long-suffering and
incredibly awesome treasurer, Kelly, is currently in the middle of
school stuff IIUC, and we should not ask her to do extra work.  Bonus
points if the volunteer has actually completed a nontrivial task for
Noisebridge in the past.

3. We need to consider the impacts of doing this.  Several people
currently pay their dues by direct transfer to our Wells Fargo bank
account; they'll have to switch to Paypal or automatic check payments.

I'm as much a non-fan of big banks as the next person (ask me for an
#occupysf sticker next time you see me), but this is critical
infrastructure for us and we cannot fuck it up.

-andy