[Noisebridge-discuss] Ruby Class is changing!

Robert Fletcher lobatifricha at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 07:40:09 UTC 2011

So here's the deal.  Things are changing.  Ruby class is changing.  First
off, it's no longer Tuesdays.  We're moving the class to Thursday nights.
And it's no longer a class.  Instead it's going to be a project night.  And
it's not going to be at the library any more--it'll be at Sugarlump.  Oh,
and, it's not going to be Ruby anymore.  Rather, it's going to be whatever
you're working with, be it Ruby, C, Java, bash, ook!, Haskell or Python (god
(or whatever deity (or lack thereof) you adhere to) forbid).  So in short,
here's how it's going to be:

If:

You've got programming projects you're working on, and you want to hang out
with other people who you can bounce ideas off of...

OR

You just want to be around other people who are working on projects so you
can get inspired...

OR

You aren't working on a project, but you're looking for interesting things
to work on...

OR

You've never written a line of code in your entire life...

OR

Anything in between...

Then:

You should drop by Sugarlump this Thursday evening between 7pm and 9pm or
so.  All skill levels are welcome, even if you've not so much as written a
'HAI WORLD'.  Again, this is not a class, so if you're coming to learn, then
it's your duty to bug the crap out of the person next to you to share what
they know.  And if you know something, be prepared for the potential of the
aforementioned bugging.  There are tons of learning resources out there that
I, and no doubt others, will be happy to introduce you to.

Thursday, 7pm until whenever
Sugarlump, 2862 24th Street, San Francisco

Both Adit and I will be in attendance, so between the two of us we should be
able to help with many of the above languages, and probably a few more to
boot.  I'll probably be working on a ruby gem that uses git blame to tell
who's worked most on what parts of a project.

See you there,
- Robert