[Noisebridge-discuss] Know anyone with a gas chromatograph/spectrograph and/or able to measure caloric levels in alcohol?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 10:21:23 UTC 2011

Hello Gian,

Very interesting project! Could you keep me posted?

Concerning the caloric levels he may try to do HPLC which will qualitatively and quantitative say what compounds are present, I've done it with sugars which are the major caloric value in the spirits to my knowledge. The machines range in tenths of thousands of dollars and you need laboratory set up to carry this research through. I wonder what was the name of the biotech place which was starting up in SF area last year? That one would be probably good to check for gear. It was not Biocurious was it?

http://biocurious.org/?title=Main_Page

Sincerely,

Frantisek